dCS Rossini Clock
dCS Rossini Clock
The new dCS Rossini range makes superlative sounding music from a wide range of digital sources, simply integrating your digital music and setting the performance standard for digital playback. Rossini Master Clock is a simple to use Grade 1 master clock, based on our pioneering developments in studio and home audio. Featuring three separate clock outputs capable of outputting different frequencies, Rossini Master Clock allows Rossini DAC or Player users to benefit from the auto clocking mode in Rossini and optimise audio from various digital sources in a simple, fuss free way. In a digital audio system, samples must be accurately transferred at the correct time. Instability in the sample timing is called jitter – this exists in all digital systems. Severe jitter results in timing errors in the delivery of data to the DAC, causing the analogue signal to be reconstructed inaccurately. In a dCS system, the DAC can act as the system master clock, but listening tests have shown that there is no substitute for a high quality, dedicated master clock. dCS pioneered the use of external clocks in digital audio systems. Our clocking technology has been continually refined so that our latest multi-stage Phase-Locked- Loop (PLL) system sets world-beating standards for accuracy and control of troublesome jitter from the incoming audio stream. All dCS Master Clocks are subjected to rigorous in-house testing. The crystal oscillators are pre-aged, selected for long term stability and then individually calibrated over a wide temperature range to ensure consistent optimal performance. Rossini Master Clock uses a sophisticated microcontroller system to ensure smooth frequency correction as the temperature changes, and this approach gives a more stable result than either oven-controlled crystal oscillators or even atomic clocks. All dCS Master Clocks are designed to generate industry-standard Word Clock over a 75 ohm coaxial cable. Other manufacturers’ equipment that has been designed to accept standard Word Clock can be used with our clocks. Technical Specifications
- TypeClass 1 Master Clock.
- Clock Frequencies44.1kHz or 48kHz.
- ColourSilver or Black.
- Dimensions444mm/17.5” x 435mm/17.2” x 64mm/2.6”. Allow extra depth for cable connectors.
- Clock AccuracyBetter than +/-1ppm when shipped, over an ambient temperature range of 10°C to 30°C. Typically +/-0.1ppm when shipped and stabilised.
- Wordclock I/O3 independently buffered outputs on 75Ω BNC connectors. Output 1: fixed at 44.1kHz Output 2: fixed at 48kHz Output 3: 44.1kHz, RS232 controllable.
- Startup TimeTypically 1 minute to rated accuracy.
- Local ControlRS232 (limited to Power and Clock 3 output frequency).
- Power SupplyFactory set to either 100, 115/120, 220 or 230/240V AC, 50-60Hz.
- Power Consumption3 Watts typical / 4 Watts maximum.